Bookkeeper / Office Manager
- Handle accounts payable duties, coding to appropriate projects necessary for job costing, processing monthly payments to vendors.
- Reconcile and import/enter corporate credit card and expense report transactions.
- Handle accounts receivable duties, including invoice creation.
- Organize, register, scan, and file invoices, checks, and another documents.
- Reconcile bank accounts and other company financial accounts; investigate discrepancies in accounts and make corrections as needed.
- Job costing and accounting. Set up new projects and new accounts when needed.
- Assist in the ongoing development of the current accounting system: general accounting, financial reporting, internal control standards.
- Contribute to accounting and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- 3+years of related experience, ideally in a small to medium sized company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in accounting software. Software used: QuickBooks experience not required.
- A high degree of personal initiative and self-motivation.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction field is a plus.
Letter of interest and resume.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stephen Perry Smith Architects, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. SPSA is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
We are always looking for talented people. Please feel free to submit your resume.