- A Project Architect at SPSA is generally an experienced licensed professional Architect. We work in a fast-paced studio environment and PA’s provide critical guidance and experience to our projects and teams. Project Architects work collaboratively with the Project Manager to design and deliver high quality design. Project Architects are responsible for the technical documentation, coordination, and delivery of our projects. We are seeking a motivated individual with strong technical skills and high proficiency with Revit to join our team and work on exciting projects.
- Depending on level of experience Project Architects at SPSA:
- Collaborate and foster team environment to deliver the highest level of design.
- Manage the design team and subconsultant coordination process.
- Ability to lead and present in meetings with clients or municipalities
- Direct and oversee high-quality documentation, provide guidance with technical detail, & explore new solutions
- Ability to drive the project forward towards successful completion / Motivates and challenges others to perform at their best
- Manage Construction Administration process, able to work independently and handle RFI’s, site visits, field reports, & submittal review
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced proficiency with Revit Architecture with commitment to continuing professional development.
- Experience with medium and large size projects in the corporate, education, hospitality, industrial, manufacturing and distribution, multi-family and wellness sectors.
- Eager to learn, good listener, curious & proactive with strong time management skills
- Clear understanding of applicable codes & building construction systems, materials, and standards
- Understanding of Permitting & Entitlement processes.
- Licensed Architect
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Letter of interest, resume, and sample of portfolio work.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stephen Perry Smith Architects, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. SPSA is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
We are always looking for talented people. Please feel free to submit your resume.